Good news! The list of 5 best WordPress Plugins 2016 is here!
WordPress is known as an incredible and most popular Content Management Systems today because of its strong number of plugins enabling users to both customize and optimize their websites. Very recently, it has also crossed the mark of 25% in market share worldwide.
Although WordPress keeps on continuously modifying and developing their plugins, here are the best 5 of 2016. Let’s have a look:
5 best WordPress Plugins 2016:
1. WooCommerce: For eCommerce
WooCommerce continues to remain at the top even in 2016. This very popular WordPress plugin is specifically for eCommerce that lets you sell your products and services with ease. The exclusive features include –
- Can sell anything (real products, digital downloads, subscriptions and anything)
- Sell anywhere in any country
- 100% open source; hence highly developer friendly
- Audited by plugin security leader Sucuri for security code
- Can handle any payment mode
- Powerful reporting options enable monitoring the sales anytime.
Around 30% of online stores are powered by WooCommerce. With its more than 300 free as well as paid extensions, a WooCommerce store can easily be enhanced with huge number of integrations and features.
2. Yoast SEO: For SEO
Out of all SEO plugins in WordPress, Yoast SEO is the uncontested champion worldwide for better SEO. It provides –
- Stepwise instructions on every single aspect of SEO
- Real-time feedback and content analysis
- Snippet editor feature
- Numerous optimization options
- Easy to edit robots.txt and .htaccess file using Files editor
You can get advanced features and support in the premium Yoast SEO plugin. Some of them are – redirect manager, all types of social previews, multiple focus keywords, etc.
While premium package has to be purchased, you can download the free version. This plugin can be conveniently used by both professionals and novices.
3. W3 Total Cache: For caching
W3 Total Cache is the best WordPress plugin to optimize performance of browser, object, page, database, CDN support and minify.
- It massively increases the loading speed of your site by creating cached HTML files.
- Transparent CDN management using theme files, media library and WordPress.
- Caching in disc or memory
- Minifies feeds, pages and posts
With W3 Total Cache, you now don’t have to change any theme, template or content for a better user experience.
4. Redirection: For Redirecting Traffic
The best in redirecting traffic, this WordPress plugin is capable of managing as many as 301 redirects. It also keeps a track of 404 errors, interestingly without having to know Apache.
Redirection is reputed and best for affiliate links that are personally branded. Other features include –
- Can direct all URLs besides those that don’t exist
- Provides complete regular expression support
- Redirection statistics notifies the number of redirection occurrences and other related information.
The redirects are done based on login status, referrer and to random pages. Redirection is extremely useful when you are:
- migrating pages from your old website
- changing the WordPress directory installation
This plugin is available 100% free.
5. Wordfence Security: For Security
Wordfence Security is that plugin of WordPress providing top-class security to your website and protecting it from attacks like malware and hacks.
- Alerts immediately whenever the site is compromised
- Provides real-time traffic view and attempts of hack
It also comes with Premium API key enabling scheduled scans, country blocking and password auditing. Wordfence Security checks whether your IP address is used for Spamvertizing. This WordPress plugin is also available for free.
With these best 5 plugins of WordPress, it’s time to expand beyond!